Best Cure And Treatment For Yeast Infection In Males
On the general treatments, creams and oral medicines are typically considered the best cure for male yeast infection. Antifungals have been proven to clear up 80 to 90% of yeast infections.
For instance, treatments involving oral Fluconazole prescription has a success rate of up to 90% according to CDC facts. For just a short period of 7 to 14 days, male yeast infection cures fast in patients who have used topical imidazole Lotrimin, Clotrimazole, Miconazole or Econazole. What do you expect? Few side effects like nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea or gastrin air .
How Do You Treat A Male Yeast Infection
Even untreated, it often goes away by itself, but it can sometimes spread to the scrotum, inner thighs and buttocks. Luckily, treatment is simple: Over-the-counter or prescription antifungal creams used twice a day for between one to three weeks will clear the infection. An oral antifungal drug such as fluconazole is also almost always effective. Although various herbal remedies have been touted for women with yeast infections, theres no data on their efficacy in men, and traditional treatment is so safe and simple that theres no compelling reason to explore these possibilities.
Because the infection is transmitted to men by sexual intercourse, both partners should be treated so you dont keep re-infecting each other. However, if only the woman has evidence of a yeast infection, the risk of transmission is so low that theres no need to treat the male partner. Theres no compelling reason to limit sexual intercourse during treatment, but you should use a condom.
Fast Facts On Thrush In Men
- Candida normally lives on the skin and mucous membranes, but if too much grows, it can cause symptoms.
- Risk factors include the use of antibiotics or corticosteroids, immunosuppression, diabetes, poor hygiene, and using too many cleansing products.
- Genital candidiasis is not considered a sexually transmitted infection , but transmission can occur during vaginal intercourse.
- Oral or local antifungal treatments can be used to treat candidiasis.
- Good hygiene practices can help prevent it.
It can also occur on other areas of skin or mucous membrane, for example, in the mouth. This is known as oral thrush.
There are often no symptoms, but if inflammation occurs, the may appear around the head of the penis:
- itching and soreness
- a blotchy rash with small papules or white patches
- dull red skin with a glazed appearance
- swelling and irritation
There may also be:
- a thick, white, lumpy discharge under the foreskin or in the skin folds, possibly with an unpleasant odor
- difficulty pulling back the foreskin
Pain may be present during sex or when passing urine.
Antifungal topical creams or oral medication may help to relieve symptoms. They are equally effective. Both topicaland oral forms are available from a doctor, over-the-counter at a pharmacy, or online.
According to the , a doctor may prescribe the following drugs:
- Econazole nitrate
- Miconazole nitrate
People apply creams topically, directly onto the affected area, usually once a day for 7 to 21 days.
Tips for good hygiene include:
Read Also: Diaper Rash Cream For Yeast Infection
When To See A Doctor
Men who have never had a yeast infection or who have severe symptoms should see a doctor.
It is also important to see a doctor when an infection does not clear on its own. Symptoms could be signs of diabetes or conditions that weaken the immune system.
Diagnosis and treatment are important, as untreated yeast infections could cause chronic prostatitisan inflammation of the prostate gland.
They can also lead to:
- Phimosis or tightening of the foreskin
- Narrowing of the opening of the urethra
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans, which causes white, scaly, itchy patches that can lead to scarring
- Leukoplakia, thickened white patches inside the mouth
Oral Medications Prescription And Non
As a second option for treatment of male yeast infection, over the counter pills can be prescribed by a medical practitioner. One of the common oral medications is Fluconazole tablets, especially when recurrent symptoms of a yeast infection in men or women do not disappear after using OTC creams. These pills or tablets should not be taken by pregnant women who are showing yeast infection symptoms.
What about treatment for oral yeast infection? If you or your partner has both oral thrush and yeast infection at the same time , make an appointment first with your doctor to determine the infection channel , and any other medical condition that favors oral candida infection. In so doing you can avoid invasive
Depending on the age of the infected ones, your doctor will prescribe oral antifungal mouthwashes, tablets or lozenge solutions. Examples of such drugs are topical imidazole.
Prescription drugs are the best in curing genital yeast infection in men, although some have side effects including reduced liver functionality and problems to do with releasing testosterone hormone.
Read Also: What Are The Symptoms For Yeast Infection
Other Common Causes Include The Following:
- Use of shower gels, scented soap, or fabric conditioners that cause skin irritation
- Poor hygiene, like not taking regular baths and adequately cleaning the genitals
- A humid or moist environment
- Use of antibiotics for more extended periods
- Diseases that impair the immune system, including HIV
- White discharge under the foreskin
- Feeling of discomfort and pain during sex
- Cracking or sores on the foreskin
Given that Candida is also present in the mouth, one can develop another yeast infection known as oral thrush.
How Can I Prevent A Penile Yeast Infection
And since certain health conditions can increase your risk for a penile yeast infection, taking steps to manage your condition, such as keeping your blood sugar levels in check in the case of diabetes, is crucial for your overall health .
With that said, penile yeast infections can just happen sometimes. Thankfully, there are lots of effective medication options, some of which you can even get at your local pharmacy. Because complications can be even more of a pain to deal with, getting on top of treatment as quickly as possible is the best way to get your life back to baseline.
Also Check: Can You Get Yeast Infection From Antibiotics
How To Prevent And Treat Male Thrush
Although a penile yeast infection is easily treated, it is always advised to take precautionary steps to lower the risk of developing one. Ensuring proper hygiene and going for loose-fitting, breathable clothing are some of the simplest and most effective actions to help you prevent male thrush.
Take a look at some additional prevention tips:
Wear loose clothes and breathable cotton underwear that is not too tight
Avoid using aggressive perfumed soaps or shower gels on your genitals
Take a shower instead of long baths
Why Don’t We Show The Price
As a retailer, we independently set our prices. However, due to manufacturer restrictions, we sometimes can’t display the price until you take further action.
Sorry, there was a problem adding this item to cart. Please refresh the page and try again.
Add to cart
Free shipping is available for selected shipping service.
Sorry, there was a problem adding this item to cart. Please refresh the page and try again.
You May Like: Women’s Yeast Infections Symptoms
How Do You Prevent A Penile Yeast Infection
You can help prevent a penile yeast infection by avoiding sexual contact with a partner who has a yeast infection.
You should also avoid having sex with anyone while you have an active yeast infection, as you could pass the infection back to your partner. This could cause the two of you to pass an infection back and forth.
To lower the risk of getting a yeast infection or passing one along, do the following:
- Wear an external condom each time you have sex to help reduce your chances of developing a yeast infection.
- If you are uncircumcised, clean under the foreskin with soap and water, and return your foreskin to its usual position after you have sexual intercourse.
When To See A Healthcare Provider
It helps to see a doctor if the symptoms are severe or unusual. If the problem is related to a tight foreskin, circumcision may be recommended.
If you decide to self treat and OTC treatments don’t work, or the yeast infection recurs, its important to see a doctor for an evaluation.
There may be an underlying cause for the infection, including undiagnosed diabetes, an underactive thyroid , HIV, or penile cancer.
You May Like: Does Brewers Yeast Help Milk Supply
Causes Of Male Yeast Infection
The triggers of male yeast infection are yeast fungi. Most often the yeast fungus Candida albicans is responsible for the infection just like the female vaginal fungus. More rarely, other yeast fungi are behind it .
Mostly yeast fungi are transmitted during sexual intercourse. It is also possible that infection can occur through contaminated objects, for example when affected men and healthy people share towels and bed linen.
Why Did I Get Thrush
Many people have a small amount of candida in their bodies and on their skin. This is normal. Candida does not usually cause problems because it is kept under control by your immune system and by other bacteria in your body. However, if you have skin irritation, are taking antibiotics or have a health condition, for example, poorly-controlled diabetes, the fungus may multiply, which can lead you to develop symptoms.
Candida is sometimes transmitted by sex but it isnt considered a sexually transmitted infection .
Also Check: Safe Yeast Infection Treatment During Pregnancy
Best Yeast Infection Treatments Over The Counter Of 2022
Vaginal yeast infection affects a womans self-esteem because it comes with irritation, intense itchiness of the vulva, or even discharge. It is quite uncomfortable and shameful for a woman to fight foul smell due to yeast infection. It is also unimaginable as a woman scratching in front of everybody else. You can quickly fail to attend to your daily chores when you imagine all eyes on you as you do this unpalatable act. We will do everything within our reach to counter this problem, including going for the best yeast infection treatment over the counter.
You may even lack the courage to face your friends or colleagues when you imagine that you are producing foul odors. So what should I do? You ask yourself! Relax! We got your back. We have done research and come up with the Best Yeast Infection Treatments over the Counter . Read on and select what suits you by clicking the links provided:
Recommended Reading: Antibiotics Used For Bladder Infections
Can Yeast Infections Go Away On Their Own
Theres a possibility that a yeast infection can go away on its own. The probability varies from person to person.
If you decide not to treat the infection, however, it might get worse. Theres also the possibility that youve misdiagnosed your condition, and what you thought was candidiasis was a more serious problem.
According to the Mayo Clinic, 75 percent of women will experience a vaginal yeast infection at some point in their lifetime.
The Department of Health and Human Services indicates that about 5 percent of women will experience recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis . This is defined as four or more vaginal yeast infections in 1 year.
RVVC can occur in healthy women, but its more common in women with diabetes or weak immune systems from conditions such as HIV.
Read Also: What Medicine Treats Yeast Infection
When Should You See A Urologist
Your primary care doctor can treat you for mild urinary problems, such as a UTI. Your primary care doctor may refer you to a urologist if your symptoms dont improve or if you have a condition that needs treatments they cant provide.
You may need to see both a urologist and another specialist for certain conditions. For example, a man who has prostate cancer can see a cancer specialist called an oncologist and a urologist.
How do you know when its time to see a urologist? Having any of these symptoms suggests you have a problem in the urinary tract:
- blood in your urine
Connect With Qualified Healthcare Providers Online
Yeast infections already bring a lot of pain and discomfort, so any patient would want to skip the long queue and connect with a healthcare provider immediately and conveniently. Fortunately, its easy to contact these providers online and experience same-day treatment.
Board-certified doctors will diagnose and treat the yeast infection by prescribing the necessary medication and designing other treatment plans. If symptoms are not relieved, several doctors are just a text or call away.
Read Also: Can Probiotics Cure Yeast Infection
Can My Female Partner’s Thrush Affect Me
If you are in pain, get advice on pain relief medicines you can take.
If these treatments dont work or if you often get thrush, see a doctor as you may have other health problems or a drug-resistant type of candida. Your doctor may also test for sexually transmissible infections, which can cause similar symptoms.
How To Treat A Recurrent Yeast Infection In Men
Sometimes, even after they seem to have healed, yeast infections come back. If this occurs, your doctor will probably advise starting treatment for a few weeks every day, then switching to weekly treatments for a few months.
Recurrent yeast infections might require therapy for up to 6 months.
Read more in detail about circumcision.
Also Check: Yeast Infection Under The Armpit
Genital Thrush In Males
- Thrush is a yeast infection caused by an overgrowth of a fungus called candida.
- Candida infections can occur in many different parts of your body, including your genitals.
- Treatments include creams and sometimes pills, depending how severe your symptoms are.
- You can prevent thrush by practicing good hygiene.
What Causes Yeast Infections
Common culprits for this imbalance are antibiotic use, frequent sexual intercourse, irritating soaps or deodorants, wearing tight-fitting undergarments, or any exposure to a hot and humid environment. The role diet plays in increasing the risk of a yeast infection is unclear, but candidal infections are more common in people with diabetes. They are sometimes the first clue to the presence of diabetes.
Recommended Reading: Yeast Infection Over The Counter Target
Why You Should Choose
Renew probiotic life supplement helps in boosting your immunity, thus fight yeast infection. It does not have any allergic effects and is, therefore, suitable for use by all women. It is perfect for those who are prone to yeast infection and UTIs as it does not hurt the gut or stomach. If you are looking for Best Yeast Infection Treatments over the Counter, look no further!
What Are The Symptoms Of A Male Yeast Infection
Symptoms of a male yeast infection include pain, swelling and redness in your groin area. The redness is usually in patches. Other symptoms may include:
- Thick, white discharge that resembles cottage cheese.
- Foul-smelling discharge.
- Difficulty pulling back your foreskin.
After having a yeast infection, you may notice your skin peeling. The infection makes your skin more vulnerable. This can make it flaky or crusty and eventually it may start peeling.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Yeast In Dogs
How Can Men Prevent Yeast Infections
Most yeast infections are minor and clear up quickly with proper treatment. Heres how to avoid getting a yeast infection:
- Practice good hygiene, especially if youre not circumcised.
- Wear a condom when having sex.
- Dont have sex with a partner who has an active yeast infection.
- Keep diabetes under control.
- Lose weight if you need to.
- Avoid tight clothing and underwear.
- Change out of wet clothing as soon as possible.
When Should I Contact A Doctor
It is important to contact a doctor if your symptoms do not show any signs of improvement after using an antifungal ointment. Your doctor will be able to test to see if your infection is resistant to the medication or to determine if you have any underlying conditions that may be causing the infection.
You should also contact your doctor if the infection keeps returning. This could be a sign of a different condition, such as diabetes or a weakened immune system.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Dogs Yeast Infection
Causes And Risk Factors Of Male Yeast Infections
According to Robert Mordkin, MD, CMO of LetsGetChecked and chief of urology at Virginia Hospital Center, other factors in addition to a moist environment that can lead to penile yeast infections include:
- Poor hygiene can provide a breeding ground for candida to develop into a penile yeast infection. Thoroughly cleaning your genitals under every skin fold, especially if you are uncircumcised, can decrease your chances of an infection occurring.
- Irritated or damaged skin from a cut or friction from clothing.
- Unprotected intercourse with a partner who has a yeast infection. When a man has sex with someone who has a vaginal yeast infection, the condition can spread to their penile area. Until a yeast infection is treated, avoiding sex especially without a condom can ensure that the condition does not spread to others. While condoms may help to prevent the spread, it is not a guaranteed method.
Certain pre-existing conditions can also increase your risk of a penile yeast infection, says Giuseppe Aragona, MD, a general practitioner and family doctor at Prescription Doctor, an online healthcare service. According to Aragona and Mordkin, risk factors include:
- Having a weakened immune system
- Having diabetes a condition Morkin calls the single greatest risk factor for penile yeast infections
- Taking a long course of antibiotics, as the medicine can potentially kill off beneficial bacteria that work to prevent yeast infections
How Can I Treat Genital Thrush
- Clean the infected area carefully, preferably in the shower rather than a bath. Make sure you dry the area well by patting it rather than rubbing it. This will help reduce the build-up of moisture in the area and make it more difficult for the fungus to survive.
- Dont use sprays, soaps, oils, disinfectants, shower gels or deodorants around the affected area, as these can cause further irritation.
- Avoid sharing your towels.
- Wear loose-fitting cotton underwear to help to keep your genitals dry and cool and prevent the build-up of the fungus.
Don’t Miss: Itchy Vagina Not Yeast Infection